DigitalRune Physics is a 3D physics engine for the Microsoft .NET Framework and the XNA Framework. The library is designed and optimized for use in 3D games and simulations on Windows, Windows Phone 7 and Xbox 360.
This product is part of the DigitalRune Engine.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0 (Windows, Windows Phone 7 and Xbox 360)
- Mono (experimental)
The XNA Framework is supported, but not required to use this product. Please contact us if you need support for any other platform (for example: Silverlight).
Here is an overview of features in this product.
Simulate the motion of objects that are moved by forces and collide with other objects:
- Rigid body dynamics
- Computation of mass properties for all kinds of shapes and general triangle meshes
- Force effects and force fields: Gravity, Damping, Explosion, Buoyancy (swimming bodies swimming)
- Materials supporting friction, restitution and surface motion. Support for composite and custom materials.
- Automatic deactivation of inactive objects
- Continuous Collision Detection (CCD) for fast moving objects
Rigid Body Constraints
Constraints, joints and joint limits can be used to connect objects or limit the linear or angular movement:
- Joints (e.g. ball-and-socked joint, slider joints, fixed/weld joint, hinge/revolute joint, universal joint, etc.)
- Joint limits (e.g. angular limits, linear limits, plane limits, etc.)
- Free configurable constraints that can be used to create new constraint types.
- Motors and damped springs
Special Modules (including source code)
- Ragdolls for Xbox LIVE Avatars (including blending of ragdoll physics and key-framed animation)
- Character controllers for computing 3D avatar movement
- Vehicle physics
For a detailed list of features and more information, have a look at the Online Documentation.