DigitalRune Graphics is a 3D graphics engine for the Microsoft XNA Framework. It is designed and optimized for use in 3D games and simulations on Windows, Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7.
This product is part of the DigitalRune Engine.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0 (Windows, Xbox 360 and Windows Phone 7*)
* Due to hardware limitations and limitations of the XNA Framework, Windows Phone 7 does not support all features listed below.
Here is an overview of features in this product.
- Low-dynamic range (LDR) and high-dynamic range (HDR) rendering
- Linear (Gamma-aware) content and rendering pipeline
- Screen space ambient occlusion (SSAO)
- Anti-aliasing: MSAA, FXAA, SMAA
- Support for Reach and HiDef profile
- Interoperability with Windows Forms and the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Extends the XNA content pipeline
- Static or animated models (incl. animation compression)
- Reusable material definitions
- Texture processing: Color keying, normal map compression (DXT5nm), mipmap correction for alpha textures
- Hierarchical scene graph
- Static and animated meshes
- Billboards, particle effects, lens flare effects
- Orthographic and perspective cameras
- Various light types: ambient, point lights, directional lights, spotlights, projector lights; supporting projected textures
- Different fog types such as distance fog and height fog
- Frustum culling, light culling and custom overlap queries
- Advanced effect binding system which automatically resolves shaders and shader parameters at runtime
- Various built-in materials (including source code) supporting diffuse maps, specular maps, normal maps, opacity masks, emissive maps, etc.
- Support for XNA stock effects
- Extensible with custom effects
- Customizable render pipeline which supports forward and deferred rendering
- Default: Light pre-pass renderer ("deferred lighting")
- Various shadow types: filtered shadow maps, omni-directional shadow maps, cascaded shadow maps
- Optimized rendering through state sorting and hardware instancing
- Debug rendering
- Image processing: Color grading, sharpening, unsharp-masking, saturation, sepia, noise
- Special effects: Motions blur, depth of field, crepuscular rays ("god rays"), bloom, dynamic eye adaption
- Various blur filters: Gaussion blur, Box blur, Poisson blur, Kawase blur, horizontal blur, radial blur
- Nesting/chaining of post-processing effects
- Extensible with custom post-processing effects
For a detailed list of features and more information, have a look at the Online Documentation.