DigitalRune Game UI is an input and GUI library for the Microsoft XNA Framework. The library simplifies input handling and implements best practices. It allows developers to create graphical user interfaces with a range of interactive controls. New visual themes (a.k.a. skins) can be defined per XML. All XNA platforms (Windows, Windows Phone 7 and Xbox 360) are supported. The source code of the input classes and GUI controls is included and enables developers to customize the library and easily add new GUI controls.
This product is part of the DigitalRune Engine.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0 (Windows, Windows Phone 7 or Xbox 360)
Here is an overview of features in this product.
- Detection of button presses, releases and double-clicks
- Assigning logical players to physical game controllers
- Automatic repetition of button events for held buttons
- Mapping inputs to commands
- And more convenience functions
Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Available controls: text block/label, text box, image, slider, scroll bar, progress bar, context menu, window, scroll viewer, group box, tab control, button, check box, radio button, drop down button, tool tips
- Interactive console (for debugging, can be extended with custom commands)
- Flexible layout system
- Predefined layouts can be loaded from XML files.
- Exchangeable GUI renderers
- Visual themes can be defined per XML.
- Several predefined visual themes
- GUI can be controlled via gamepad, keyboard, mouse, or touch.
- Customizable key-mapping (keyboard layouts for the keyboard and the Xbox 360 Chatpad)
For a detailed list of features and more information, have a look at the Online Documentation.