DigitalRune Base is a class library for the Microsoft .NET Framework. It contains common functionality required in many 3D applications, games and other DigitalRune products. The library is designed and optimized for use in 3D games and simulations on Windows, Windows Phone 7 and Xbox 360.
This product is part of the DigitalRune Engine.
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4
- Microsoft XNA Framework 4.0 (Windows, Windows Phone 7 and Xbox 360)
- Mono (experimental)
The XNA Framework is supported, but not required to use this product.
Please contact us if you need support for any other platform (for example: Silverlight).
The DigitalRune Base library provides implementations of best practices, design patterns and other helper classes:
- Resource pooling to minimize garbage collections
- Cross-platform, task-based multithreading
- Robust floating-point comparison
- Weak delegates and events
- Service Locator pattern
- Singleton pattern
- Undo/Redo framework
- Profiler classes for hierarchical and thread-safe performance profiling
- Several new collection types
- New LINQ extension methods
- And more...
For a detailed list of features and more information, have a look at the Online Documentation.