DigitalRune Graphics (Alpha Version) Released
6/29/2012 5:23 PM
The long wait is over - after months of incredibly hard work we are very proud to announce the first public release of DigitalRune Graphics for Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone 7.
- Customizable rendering pipeline with support for forward and deferred rendering
- High-Dynamic Range (HDR) lighting
- Linear (Gamma-aware) content and rendering pipeline
- Screen-Space Ambient Occlusion (SSAO)
- Anti-aliasing: MSAA, FXAA, SMAA
- Support for Reach and HiDef profile
- Interoperability with Windows Forms and the Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
- Hierarchical scene graph
- Static and animated models with fully customizable materials
- Fully dynamic lights and shadows
- State sorting and hardware instancing
- Post-processing: color grading, depth-of-field, dynamic eye adaption, motion blur
- And much more…
Take a look at the "Deferred Lighting Example" included in the download package. The project not only demonstrates a full-fledged light pre-pass renderer, but it also shows how to build a scalable, multithreaded game loop.
This alpha version is not yet feature complete - by far not! Shaders and code still needs to be optimized. A lot of features that are already working, did not make it into this release. Alpha transparency, deferred decals, particle rendering, atmospheric scattering, improved documentation and more samples will be available in the next updates.
Other features are still in an early development phase: environment maps and light probes, LOD, a model and material editor, terrain, foliage, SSDO, blend-shape animations, … A lot of R&D lies still ahead. But from now on, updates will appear more frequently.
And remember: DigitalRune Graphics is free for all existing customers!