Physics Bundle Updated + New XNA Animation Library Available
7/21/2011 3:56 PM
An update for the DigitalRune Physics Bundle has been released. The update is a service release which fixes a few smaller issues.
A detailed list of changes can be found online:
The update can be downloaded from the Downloads page.
Downloaders will also get access to the latest alpha versions of DigitalRune Game UI and a brand new animation library:
NEW: DigitalRune Animation (Alpha Version)
DigitalRune Animation is a complete new animation library for .NET and XNA (Windows, Xbox 360, and Windows Phone 7).
This library is designed to seamlessly combine all types of animation in one framework.
- The animation system can be used to animate anything from a simple floating-point value to a complex 3D character.
- It supports a wide range of animation types, such as from/to/by animations with easing functions, key frame animations, spline-based animation curves and paths, skeletal animation, and more.
- Animations can be arranged and combined to create complex storyboards.
Take a look at the online documentation for a complete list of features: DigitalRune Animation (Overview)
The samples included in the download package cover topics such as
- How to animate UI controls
- How to animate 3D characters with advanced techniques such as animation blending and inverse kinematics.
- How to extend the animation system
The alpha version of the animation library can be downloaded together with the DigitalRune Physics Bundle.
More details will appear in the following days and weeks on our development blog.